What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie allows the website to “remember” your actions or preferences over time.
Most Internet browsers support cookies; however, users can set their browsers to decline certain types of cookies or specific cookies. Further, users can delete cookies at any time.
These files serve a number of useful purposes for you, including:
The types of cookies we use
- granting you access to restricted content;
- tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences, location or device type;
- improving how our website performs;
- understanding who our audience is so that we can provide content most relevant to you;
- allowing third parties to provide services to our website; and
- helping us deliver interest-based advertising where appropriate in compliance with the applicable laws.
We use different types of cookies on our website. Some of these cookies are placed by us, while others are placed by our third-party plug-ins, suppliers or advertisers. These cookies may be erased from your device at various times, such as at the conclusion of your browsing session (when you exit the website) or after a predetermined period of time, or they may remain on your device until you delete them.
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- Essential cookies – these are cookies that allow our website to perform its essential functions. Without these cookies, some parts of our websites would stop working.
- Site analytics cookies – these are cookies that monitor how our website is performing, and how you interact with it. We use them to know how best to improve our website or services.
- Functional cookies – these are cookies that remember who you are as a user of our website. We use them to remember any preferences you may have selected on our website, like saving your username and password or settings.
You can see the cookies we use in the following table:Cookie type & Cookie function
Allows our website to perform its essential functions. Without these cookies, some parts of our websites would stop working.
Monitors how our website is performing, and how you interact with it. We use them to know how best to improve our website or services.
Remember who you are as a user of our website. We use them to remember any preferences you may have selected on our website, like saving your username and password or settings.
Your internet browser generally accepts cookies automatically, but you can often change this setting to stop accepting them. You can also delete cookies manually. You can read how to do this at Digital Trends.
Deleting or no longer accepting cookies may prevent you from accessing certain aspects of our website where cookies are necessary or because the website forgot your preferences.
Updates to this policy
This policy may be updated from time to time. We will provide you with a conspicuous notice on our website or send you an email if we make major changes to this policy. We may give you advance notice.